Clean F Word Challenge Day Seven - Homemade Sauces/Dressings

6:51 PM

The most important thing for helping make most dishes that extra fantastic and tasty is the sauce or dressing that you use. I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen just throwing all sorts of flavours together but I do also have a few go-to recipes for sauces, dressings and dips that I absolutely love and use very frequently.

Today I thought I would share these favourites with you all.

The secret to making all these condiments by hand is this amazing mothers day gift my husband and kids gave me last year. The most used appliance in my kitchen it is perfect for whizzing up dips and sauces as well as blitzing those yummy homemade soups.




Vegan Basil Pesto

2 cups fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup walnuts
pinch salt and pepper

Just blitz all of those ingredients in a processor until at your desired consistency and hey presto :D
I use my basil pesto for dips, pasta, sandwiches, wraps and sometimes on my vegan lasagne. Yum!

Balsamic Salad Dressing   

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vingear
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together with a fork or mini whisk.
My favourite dressing for lunch salads.

Thousand Island Dressing 

1 small onion finely diced
1/8 cup tomato paste or sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp vegan mayo for extra creaminess

The perfect dressing for a summery pasta salad.

Sweet Chilli Red Capsicum Relish

2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 kg red capsicums, chopped into 2cm pieces
400g can diced tomatoes
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce

Heat oil in a large saucepan over med heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to soften.

Add tomato, vinegar, sugar and sweet chilli sauce to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until mixture is thick and syrupy. 

This recipe makes quite a bit so I always pour it into a sterilised glass jar and seal. Unopened you can keep this baby in fridge for up to 2 months. Once opened use within 2 weeks. This guy is perfect as a topping for mash potatoes and absolutely devine as an alternative to parmigiana topping. YUM YUM YUM!! 

I also add some taco seasoning to it sometimes and turn it into a mexican style pasta sauce with black beans, corn, pasta and mushrooms. drool........


Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx
 
 







 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter