Clean F Word Challenge Day One

11:21 PM


This morning I woke up with a brand new outlook on life. My new 30 day challenge is just one of the things I am working on in my journey to wellness. I am also researching into the whole minimalism way of living. I can see so many great things coming up for the future. Make sure you all stay tuned on the blog as there is so much more to come.

With minimalism I am currently decluttering my house. I basically do this every spring so it's nothing out of the ordinary except that this time I am REALLY decluttering. I don't want all this stuff anymore, it's crazy. I hate that it has taken me so long to work out that I don't need 'stuff'.

Anyway more on that later.......I am sure I will have lots of blog posts on minimalism very soon!

Today was my first day on my 30 day challenge. If you haven't read about my challenge you can have a read here. I have got the husband and kids on board as well but they are still eating bits and pieces here and there like 2 minute noodles, because my teenage son was apparently starving and my husband still has chocolate from Fathers Day to get through. Apart from that we have been doing pretty good so far.

I am feeling pretty good today. Refreshed and ready to take on the challenge and there have been no obstacles to battle so far. Only one day in but fingers crossed.

I have got this.......right??


 Thank you!

Inspirational quotes....you've gotta love them. I know I do.

So to get the family started I treated them to homemade bacon and egg muffins. I used wholemeal english muffins and they were a big hit. There was no cheese involved but nobody noticed.......phew!
I am still trying to stay away from meat so I didn't have bacon in my muffin. I substituted my bacon for spinach and tomato.

YUM!

Mid morning snack was a coffee. I am trying no soy products for the 30 days and I usually have soy in my coffee so I substituted that for almond milk. So far so good. I'm quite enjoying it and the almond milk I am buying is the organic kind. Remember less ingredients the better. I would love to make my own but at the moment I don't have the time. Baby steps peeps!

Lunch was just an easy salad sandwich. Wholemeal bread, lettuce, spinach, tomato, carrot, beetroot and cucumber.The kids had the same packed up for school with a fruit salad and yoghurt.
I am still big on the anti dairy thing and I have completely cut it out of my diet. However......my kids are not so keen on the dairy free alternatives yet and so they still consume it occasionally. They are old enough to make their own choices and i'm cool with that. My daughter is pretty good with anything you give her but my son's palate is a little hard to get through.

For dinner I experimented with some pasta and vegies. Experimenting with foods is so much fun and you can come up with some gorgeous flavours. There have been times where I have got flavours completely wrong but it's all about having fun and getting creative.

I got some vege coloured pasta the other day so I cooked up some of that and drained it. Then I fried up some onion added some mushrooms and diced tomatoes and stirred it all through to heat up. Following up with some halved cherry tomatoes that I had in the fridge.


With most foods it's all about the sauce or dressing. This can make a dish happen!
I grabbed a small bowl and whisked together some balsamic and maple vinegar that my husband purchased at a local market. You could just add some balsamic and a little bit of honey or maple. Two garlic cloves were then crushed in, some lemon juice, olive oil salt and pepper.

I threw the pasta in with my vegies and poured the dressing over the top.

That's it folks!


A delicious meal and if you have leftovers you can throw it in a tub for tomorrows lunch! Easy peasy.
I'm looking forward to what happens tomorrow.

Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter