Smoothie Challenge - My Top 5 recipes

9:13 PM

Guys, I have some crazy news for you. I have actually made it to day 62 of my 365 days of smoothies. I am incredibly proud of myself because this is the first time that I have kept a challenge like this going for so long. Usually I only last 2 weeks max and then I'm onto something else. This year I did promise myself that I would complete this challenge and so far so good.


For my blog post today I thought I would share with you my top 5 smoothies so far. I still have quite a way to go so there may be more favourites but up to now I have a few that have stood out. If you want to know more about my challenge you can read my original post here. But the general idea is that I have a completely different smoothie every day of the year, thanks to a book called '365 vegan smoothies' by Kathy Patalsky. The book is amazing and I highly recommend it. I generally have my daily smoothie when I wake up in the morning but if I'm not feeling it or life eats a bit hectic I have it as a mid arvo snack. 

Ok so here are my top 5 smoothies so far (and if you want to follow the challenge you can follow my daily smoothie photos on Instagram under #cleanfword365):

Strawberry Chia Synergy
1 Cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup soy milk
2 teaspoons chia seeds
1 tsp ginger
Few pinches turmeric
1/4 cup ice cubes

Lemon Beet Clarifying Cooler

1/2 cup sliced Beetroot
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 green apple chopped
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1.5 cups coconut water
Two pinches turmeric
1tsp agave nectar
Ice


Raspberry Runners High

1 cup frozen raspberries
1 frozen banana 
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup coconut water
Agave syrup to taste
2 tablespoons dairy free yoghurt


Papaya Citrus Pineapple Colada

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup papaya chunks
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 banana
1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon spirulina


Coffee Banana Freeze

1 Cup vanilla soy milk
1 scoop instant coffee granules or espresso shot
1 or 2 bananas
Agave syrup to taste
4 pinches cinnamon ground
Ice cubes
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder 
Cacao nibs for decoration

 

So there you have it, my top 5 far. Please note all the smoothie recipe are from Kathy Patalskys Book and are not my own however I have changed a couple of bits to suit the way I liked the smoothie or because I don't have certain ingredients. For all my smoothies I use the NutriNinja Machine to blend. 

Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter