The start of my thirty day challenge

7:55 PM


The last six months of my life have been a crazy ride. I have been vegan and mostly loving it but there have been parts of me that still have questions. I have never felt better since adopting the vegan lifestyle. I feel like I have a bit more energy, I no longer get mega migraines and in general I feel better. However half of the time I haven't been fully vegan because as I have mentioned previously I still eat eggs every now and then and I also eat honey.

Why?? because I believe that honey has so many health benefits and eggs are a great source of protein. Do I feel bad for eating them? Yes! because I feel pressured to keep up with the vegan values, because I want to care about the animals and also care about my body. Over the past week I have been thinking about 'labels'.

Before going vegan I had been through lots of different labelled 'diets'. I tried Paleo which also made me feel pretty good. I tried vegetarian, raw til 4 and then I have tried mini weekly meal plans from celebrities like Michelle Bridges.

I'm not looking at losing weight. That is the last thing on my mind. I'm a slim person and I am quite happy with the way I look. So why all these diets you ask?

I want to be healthy. I want to be natural and fit. I want my body to be rid of stupid chemicals that we are always putting into our bodies and I don't want the processed crap. I want real food. So far being vegan has provided me with the best of that and the Paleo way has given me knowledge and a basis for this train of thought. I just hate all the rules. I want to be able to go out and not be judged because what I am eating has some egg in it or the chocolate I ate the other day 'may contain milk products'. I want to not feel absolutely shit when the vegetarian roll I ate the other day actually had some feta in it.


Since trying all of these diets and fads I have realised how frustrating it is to cut out foods. But also how amazing my health has been since cutting out things like dairy and meat. So for the next 30 days I am starting my own challenge for myself. My challenge is to cut out foods that I have learned from experience are not good for me. As far as meat is concerned I am still trying my very best to stick to vegetarian. After my 30 days I will revisit my vegan diet and still if I still want to pursue that course. I will be eating fish for the 30 days but I will mostly stay away from meats. But my family will still be eating meat so I won't be punishing myself if I eat the odd meat with a meal however I will be avoiding it as much as possible. Please remember that this is a way for me to learn about nutrition and my body so I am trying everything on my journey.


For the next 30 days I will basically have:

- NO processed foods. 
I will be trying my hardest to stay away from packets and things that have more than 3 or 4 ingredients on the label. Ingredients I haven't heard of especially.
- NO dairy products. I don't like the dairy industry and from being vegan I have learned that my body does not approve either. This is one of the biggest things that has turned my health around so I will continue with it for my 30 day challenge.
- NO white grains/breads/potatoes.
Instead of white rice I will be choosing brown or wild rice. For breads I will limit my intake and if I am having bread with a meal it will only be wholegrain choices. Same for pastas and potatoes I will be eating sweet potatoes.
- NO store bought snack.
One of my biggest downfalls is munching on salty chips, sugar filled lollies and chocolates. For the next 30 days I will make my own snacks from home.
- Very Limited meats.

That is basically how my food intake will look for the next 30 days and I will of course be blogging daily for the next 30 days so you can all see how I am feeling each day and also the kinds of foods I eat. I will be sharing some recipes as well.
Throughout the next 30 days I will also be doing a lot of reading and research on nutrition and I am also considering doing some courses to better assist in my journey to complete health, happiness and wellbeing!!!


Stay Happy & Healthy
Liane Xx



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter