Cacao & Avocado Smoothie

4:19 AM

Today was a beautiful day here in Adelaide with an awesome 36 degrees. I am so happy to finally be seeing some sunshine. It just seems to have been winter forever!!

I found a box of Cacao powder in my cupboard today, that I had bought a while ago and only used once so I decided to use it today to make up a yummy smoothie for my afternoon snack. When I visited Bali back in February one of my favourite drinks was Avocado juice because they always put chocolate around the edge of the glass and it was absolute HEAVEN! I am not joking, it sounds like an odd combination and I was skeptical at first but oh my god! heaven in a glass.

Raw Cacao is the healthy substitute for chocolate and is full of antioxidants. When creating something like a smoothie you should always use a non dairy milk as dairy blocks the antioxidants and you won't get the same benefits. Raw Cacao has many health benefits such as:

Mood enhancer
Energy booster
Helps lower blood pressure
Shinier hair and stronger nails
Immune system booster 
Reduce heart disease 

Thinking back to Bali and the beautiful avocado juice I decided to use my cacao powder as a replacement for the chocolate and try out a new smoothie combo! Here is the recipe for you guys to give it a go if you feel like a yummy healthy snack or a quick on the go breakfast.

Cacao & Avocado Smoothie

serves: 2
time: 10 minutes
 

1 cup of ice
1 banana 
1/2 an avocado
1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar 
1 tablespoon cacao powder 
1 cup almond milk or soy milk or coconut milk 

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter