Bacon and Egg Pie

1:49 AM

This gem of a recipe is in my pile of "go to" recipes. It is super simple to make and I generally ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand. It is delicious reheated as well so I love to take this to work for lunch the next day which is what I did this week.

I found the recipe in a Super Food Ideas magazine I think last year and it is one of my favourite pies. My top favourite pie is a thai curry chicken pie which I will share with you one day as well.

This week I started a new job as a Hairdressing Apprentice which is a huge career change for me but due to getting used to my new hours and work day changes I haven't been blogging much this week. I will be getting back to the regular blogging from now on so stay tuned. I will be having a new "What I Ate Wednesday's" post every week,  continuing on with my "Motivational Monday's" and the rest of the week will just be bits and pieces in between.

Okay now that's all been said here is the recipe for you guys!

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx

Bacon and Egg Pie 

 

serves 4 (on it's own or 6 with a fresh salad or steamed veg etc)

Prep: 10 mins 
Cook: 45 mins

2 tomatoes, thinly sliced and drained on paper towels
8 middle bacon rashers, diced
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed

1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Grease a 22cm pie tin.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium/high heat until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
3. In a small bowl whisk 1 egg, milk and parsley together until combined.
4. Line base of pie tin with one sheet of pastry (trim and fill gaps if required). Prick base all over with a fork.
5. Sprinkle half the cooked bacon over the pastry base. Top with all the tomato. Break the final 7 eggs over the tomato, piercing yolks slightly with a fork. Sprinkle over the remaining bacon and pour parsley mixture over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place remaining pastry sheet on top and roll up sides of pastry to seal the pie. Brush top with 1 tablespoon of extra milk and pierce a small hole in centre of pastry lid.
7. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180°C/160° fan forced and cook for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter