Banana-Strawberry Oat Breakfast Smoothie

8:37 PM

Ohhhh I am in smoothie heaven today!

Today was a joyous day as I woke up and followed my morning routine (which has changed a little bit in the last two weeks so I will update you all with that soon.) and then headed off to work. The last few days I have been feeling great getting back into my daily morning exercise again. I kind of slipped from my healthy lifestyle for about a week there and it was not pretty. I was constantly tired, grumpy and just not fulfilled AT ALL. Now i'm back int action and feeling great again.

Another reason for the happy mood was this Banana-Strawberry Smoothie that I made this morning! YUM YUM YUM! This is my new favourite smoothie recipe. It was super simple and quick to make and I drank it on the way to work using this super handy new bottle with inbuilt straw that I purchased from Coles a few weeks ago. I tried to go back and buy more but they don't seem to stock them anymore :( Let me know if you have seen any around........

Anyway back to the smoothie, Here is the recipe for you guys so you can enjoy a healthy breakfast or snack idea. Trust me you won't regret it!

Banana-Strawberry Oat Breakfast Smoothie

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 Bananas, chopped into large pieces
6 medjool dates (pips removed)
large handful of rolled oats
8 - 10 fresh or frozen strawberries (I used fresh), sliced
2 cups chopped watermelon
1 tsp agave nectar
1 cup water
1 cup almond milk


Place all ingredients in a blender and blend away!! It's that simple! Then just chuck into a bottle, smoothie cup, glass....whatever feels right at the time and enjoy! If you are like me and like sharing your goodies with someone special there is enough for two or you could drink the whole two servings to yourself.....I won't judge :P

  
Because this was my actual breakfast and I was sharing with Hubby I also grabbed another banana and a peach to eat on the way to work as well. Fruity mornings are my favourite! 

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter