*Vegan* Glazed Mushroom Red Wine Bolognese with Gluten Free Penne

11:02 PM

Oh boy today was fun fun fun! I made some yummy balsamic style mushrooms on toast the other day and it was so yummy I couldn't stop thinking about it. This morning when I woke up I had the brilliant idea of putting these mushrooms in a bolognese style dish.


The mission was on! 

Being a vegan now I wanted my bolognese to have a little more to it than just sauce so that I could still have some heartiness to the dish so I decided to add some lentils to it. By using the lentils you don't notice that there is no meat in there. Yay!

The seasoning I used for my mushrooms was found at the Adelaide Central Markets in the mushrooms stall. I don't know if you can buy it anywhere else but you could just use some Italian seasoning, all purpose seasoning etc. if you can get your hands on the Peppery Chanterelle Seasoning from the markets I highly recommend it as it is soooooooo yummy!!!! 


Here is my recipe for today's meal! If you try it let me know in the comments as I would love some feedback. I'm always tweaking my recipes and love to hear what others think. 

   

Glazed Mushroom Red Wine Bolognese w. Gluten Free Penne 


serves 4
prep time 15 minutes
cook time 1 hour 

Ingredients:

For the bolognese

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 diced onion
3 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup tomato passata
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup red lentils 
1/4 cup red wine
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups water
Gluten Free Penne (I used 500g to serve 4) 

For the mushrooms

300g mushrooms
Olive oil
2 tsps balsamic vinegar
1 tsp raw sugar
1 tsp agave nectar
1/2 tbsp Peppery Chanterelle Seasoning 


 


1. Heat your oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Adding onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 5 - 10 until veggies are soft and onion is starting to become translucent. 

2. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.

3. Stir in tomato paste, passata, basil, Italian seasoning, red wine and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Once all stirred through add the lentils and water and simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils become cooked to your liking. Add more water as required. 

4. Now for the mushrooms. In a medium bowl add sliced mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil. Add seasoning and toss to coat. In a small frypan add the mushrooms, balsamic, agave and sugar. Stir through and cook on med heat until mushrooms have a nice glaze on them, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

5. Cook your gluten free pasta according to packet directions.

6. Just before you are ready to serve add your mushrooms to the bolognese mix and stir until all heated through. Serve up your pasta and top with bolognese mix. Serve with a fresh garden salad if desired. 

Stay Happy and Healthy 
Liane Xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter