Motivational Monday - Studying For Myself!

12:36 AM

I am trying to keep my blog posts updated as best I can but with work being so crazy the last few weeks and me taking on extra shifts I just haven't had the time for myself to get everything I want done. I am slowly getting back on track and one thing I am proud of is that I have kept up with all my healthy eating :) I can't wait to show you all what I have been eating this week for my 'What I Ate Wednesday' post. I am publishing this post a day before because I have a big morning tomorrow and didn't want to miss Motivational Monday. 

I decided a few weeks ago to find some books that I can read and start my own studying of nutrition in my spare time.Obviously doing my own study isn't going to get me any qualifications for anything BUT I think that the best thing we can do for ourselves is to keep ourselves educated and always learn new things.

I don't have a whole bunch of spare time at the moment but any chance I get I am trying to read up on as much as I can. I want to learn about all the foods we should be eating and how they affect our bodies. I want to learn how to live a full happy and healthy life and I want to be able to teach my kids what they should and shouldn't be doing to keep their bodies healthy.

I must admit that as easy as I find it to cook meals because I love food and being in the kitchen so much it is a struggle to stay away from temptations and also there is so much information that people need to absorb to eat the right kind of foods. I find making meals and meal prepping so easy, however I don't know for sure what each foods nutrients are and if I am having too much of something or too little. I also find it hard to read nutrition labels on products. It can all be very daunting but I'm slowly absorbing information and hopefully one day I can help others to learn too. 

For now I am trying my hardest to stay away from packaged foods because obviously they are rubbish for you. I did find a super awesome book that I have been glued to since I purchased it. It is called the 'Complete Food and Nutrition Companion' by Catherine Saxelby and if you haven't read it I highly recommend it, especially if you are like me and want to learn as much information as possible. The book is a nutrition encyclopaedia and I just can't put it down. It is so handy to have around the house as a go to manual on anything nutrition. 



If you know of any other fabulous nutrition books please let me know in the comments as I would love to collect some more.

I also just wanted to motivate all of you to get learning again. About anything you love! Everyday is a day to get up and absorb all the wonderful knowledge there is out there. But especially get to know your body and how to look after it, you can't enjoy life to its fullest if your body is worn out and unhealthy. 

Stay Happy and Healthy
Liane Xx 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Clean F Word on Facebook

My Twitter